The Lovely Ones: Clark Gable
William Clark Gable
Did You Know…
1. He was born on February 1, 1901 in Cadiz, Ohio.
2. He enlisted in the army in 1942, in honor of his late wife, Carole Lombard, who had been killed in a plane crash while on tour selling war bonds earlier that year.
3. He was petrified of flying, and chose to take the train when he had to travel across America.
4. He was a voracious reader even though he was diagnosed dyslexic as a student.
5. In 1935, he fathered a daughter, actress Judy Lewis, during his affair with actress Loretta Young. Although, he knew Judy was his daughter (she looked exactly like him), he never publicly acknowledged that she was his daughter at the request of Loretta Young.
6. He married twice more after the death of Carole Lombard (five times in total) but at his request, was buried beside her, the one true love of his life, in the Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn, Glendale, California.