A Life Well Lived in January
1. Enjoy all the outdoor wonders that winter has to offer (and work off the holiday pudge!) by sharpening up the figure skates and heading to your local rink or community centre for a few figure eights!
2. Winter hibernation is the perfect excuse to lay low and nestle into your favorite spot with a good book like Rules of Civility: A Novel or The Secret Lives of Dresses
3. With Christmas lights packed away for another year and the sun starting to set just before most of us leave from work, it’s easy to find your home dark and dreary this month. Brighten up the dark spots in your home with bright white Calla Lilies, one of the official flowers for the month.
4. No need to forsake your chic self just to fight off winter’s frigid grip! A warm sweater in a cheery color and a comfy pair of boyfriend jeans gets taken to the next level with fab accessories!
(Ralph Lauren Black Label Cashmere sweater, Sorel ‘Joan of Arctic’ snow boots, Topshop Cable beanie, ribbed fingerless gloves)
5. Nothing warms the body and soul like a kitchen buzzing with fudgey goodness! Lift your New Year’s ban on sweet treats and spend the afternoon whipping up a batch of good old fashioned fudge with this simply delicious recipe.
6. It’s never too late to say thank you but if you haven’t already, you are coming pretty close! Gather up your ‘appreciation’ essentials (address lists, stamps, some pretty cards/stationery) and spend an afternoon saying thanks to anyone who made your holiday season extra special. Let your Aunt Becky know just how much you loved your Christmas/Hanukkah present or express your appreciation for a fabulous evening to your New Year’s Eve hostess.
7. Winter’s cold temperatures and dry air wreak havoc on your skin, especially your hands. Take the time every week to treat yourself to a soothing manicure (at home or at the salon) and while your at it, don’t forget those tender tootsies. Feet get the raw end of the deal during the winter months, being hidden away in woollen socks and heavy snow boots, often left to their own devices until flip-flop season starts to rear its head. Treat them with a luxuriant moisturizer and brighten the toes with a deliciously bright polish!